We specialise in the recruitment of high quality candidates in the scientific sector. We have an excellent opportunity for an Application Scientist to join a leading provider of text mining solutions with a current emphasis on high value life science, chemistry and biomedical applications.
Their software is acknowledged as a leading solution in the pharmaceutical, biotech and healthcare industries and has been adopted by most of the top 20 global pharmaceutical companies, leading healthcare providers and US government organisations such as the FDA.
Application Scientist’s Main Duties:
- Support the sales team throughout the sales cycle in demonstrating the value of the solution to the customer
- Travel both nationally and internationally to customer sites to present the solution and provide training where appropriate
- Support the customer and ensure their success in using the product to gain maximum ROI
- Undertake consulting and project work for customers
- Develop compelling case studies showing how the software can be used to solve real world problems.
- Feed customer requirements back to the product development team and help test new software releases
- Assist with customer deployments
Application Scientist’s Education/Qualifications:
- Life science or similar degree, preferably to postgraduate level
- Informatics, data science and/or information management skills
- Sound understanding of IT systems and experience of scripting languages, e.g. Python or Perl
- Familiarity with text mining and/or enterprise search
- Familiarity with life science information resources (e.g. PubMed)
- Experience of working on life science or healthcare applications, ideally in a commercial or industrial setting
- Good organisational skills, ideally with project management experience
- Good communication and presentation skills
- A proactive attitude and ability to work in a team