Our client, an internationally respected Institute, is seeking a creative early-career or established researcher to develop and deliver scientific excellence and social and economic impact in food and health research.
Main Activities & Responsibilities:
- Lead and manage project teams including supervising researchers and visiting workers, supporting effective career development, and maintaining high levels of performance representative of a world class institute.
- Contribute to the development and management of activities within the Institute, deputising for the Institute leader when necessary.
- Initiate the development of funding proposals and projects as self-contained items or as part of broader programmes.
- Secure significant research funding in accordance with the level of the role.
- Take the lead in writing project reports and papers for publication in leading academic journals and other relevant media, including being available to provide expert commentary in a variety of media.
- Develop business opportunities by liaising with and influencing industry, government, and other external partners.
- Travel nationally and internationally to develop professional and commercial collaborations and attend appropriate conferences in the consolidation of the Institute’s international reputation.
Education, Qualifications and Skill Requirements:
- PhD with a focus on food.
- Knowledge of food management processes, including composition data and dietary assessment methods.
- Strong publication record in peer reviewed journals.
- Experience of commercialisation of research studies.
- Strong collaboration skills.
Relevant Experience Requirements:
- Established record of Post-Doctoral activities, including a history of obtaining research funding and effective management of projects.
- Experience of effectively leading, managing and mentoring project teams.
- Experience of food information systems.
- Experience of participation and leadership in interdisciplinary research, particularly in food, nutrition and health.
- Success in leading and initiating interdisciplinary collaborations with academia, industry and regulatory authorities.
Interpersonal Skill Requirements:
- Ability to promote equality and values diversity.
- Ability to embrace the expected values and behaviours of all staff
- Ability to present the Institute both nationally and internationally as an innovative, professional and fulfilling place to progress careers.
- Present a positive image of self and the Institute, promoting both international reputation and public engagement aims of the Institute.