We specialise in the recruitment of high quality candidates in the medical communications sector. We have an excellent opportunity for an Editorial Project Manager to join a well-respected, expanding agency that provides imaginative communication materials to the healthcare industry for diverse target audiences. Their Scientific expertise, commitment, and teamwork give their global clients confidence that they will deliver excellence.
Editorial Project Manager’s Core Duties
The Editorial Project Manager role is responsible for checking the quality and accuracy of the scientific content produced by our writing team, ensuring adherence to client brief and in-house style. With experience, Editorial Project Managers also undertake a level of content generation. The role is office based, and involves a variety of tasks to progress projects from draft format to the final high-quality deliverable. These tasks include, but are not limited to:
- copy-editing draft text
- performing quality control checks from study reports and scientific literature
- proofreading final deliverables
- creating and/or briefing artwork
- implementing client feedback
- developing evidence-based text for communication materials such as slide kits and abstracts
- working in close collaboration with a team of writers, editors, and project managers.
- The role may also require occasional client contact and communication with key opinion leaders.
Editorial Project Manager’s Key Experience
- strong scientific background
- a degree in a relevant life science or medical subject (2:1 or above)
- postgraduate qualification is advantageous, but not essential.
- experience within a medical communications agency, pharmaceutical company, or publishing environment is advantageous, but not essential.
- must have a passion for accurate and effective scientific communication, with a keen eye for detail.
- exceptional command of written English.
- IT literate with excellent organisational skills.
a willingness to travel is also required.