We specialise in the recruitment of high quality candidates in the medical communications sector. We have an excellent opportunity for a Medical Communications Associate to join a well-respected, expanding agency that provides imaginative communication materials to the healthcare industry for diverse target audiences. Their Scientific expertise, commitment, and teamwork give their global clients confidence that they will deliver excellence.
Medical Communications Associate’s Core Duties
The Medical Communications Associate role provides a foundation in medical communications for those new to the industry, who wish to explore different aspects before choosing where to specialise. The role is office-based, and involves working within the medical writing and editorial teams on a variety of tasks including, but not limited to:
- copy-editing draft text and proofreading final deliverables
- performing quality control checks from study reports and scientific literature
- preparing slide kits and supporting texts
- undertaking literature research, analysing data, and providing critical appraisal
- developing evidence-based text for various types of communication materials
- providing creative input to the visual development of materials, and creating or briefing artwork
- implementing client feedback
- working in close collaboration with a team of writers, editors, and project managers.
The role may also require occasional client contact and communication with key opinion leaders. As you progress, you will have the opportunity to specialise in medical writing or editing, depending on your individual skillset.
Medical Communications Associate’s Key Experience
- strong scientific background
- a degree in a relevant life science or medical subject (2:1 or above)
- postgraduate qualification is advantageous, but not essential.
- passion for accurate and effective scientific communication
- keen eye for detail
- exceptional command of written English.
- IT literate with excellent organisational skills.
- a willingness to travel is also required.