We specialise in the recruitment of high quality candidates in the medical communications sector. We have an excellent opportunity for a Medical Writer to join a well-respected, expanding agency that provides imaginative communication materials to the healthcare industry for diverse target audiences. Their Scientific expertise, commitment, and teamwork give their global clients confidence that they will deliver excellence.
Medical Writer’s Core Duties
The Medical Writer role is responsible for the preparation of accurate and well-written medical and scientific communication pieces that clients require for internal and external purposes. The role is office-based, and involves a variety of tasks including, but not limited to:
- undertaking literature research, analysing data, and providing critical appraisal
- developing evidence-based text for various types of communication, including manuscripts, training programmes (paper-based and e-learning), and value dossiers
- preparing slide kits and supporting texts
- generating specialist communication pieces for the purposes of issue handling and information sharing
- attending international Advisory Boards and other scientific meetings, before preparing strategic meeting minutes or follow-up reports
- providing creative input to the visual development of materials
- providing strategic and scientific input to a range of projects and proposals
- working in close collaboration with a team of editors, project managers, and clients.
Medical Writer’s Key Experience
- strong scientific background
- a degree in a relevant life science or medical subject (2:1 or above)
- postgraduate qualification is advantageous, but not essential.
- must have a passion for accurate and effective scientific communication, with a keen eye for detail.
- exceptional command of written English.
- IT literate with excellent organisational skills.
- a willingness to travel is also required.