Scintillant specialises in the recruitment of high quality candidates in the scientific sector. We have an excellent opportunity for a R&D Lab Technician to join a highly successful organisation base in Botolph Claydon, Bucks.
The R&D Laboratory Technician will support the operation of the R&D Laboratory in delivering an efficient organisation responsive to the needs of the company in accordance with the established SOPs. They will assist with and perform alone, experiments in the Research and Development department, reporting methods and results, and researching project related topics.
R&D Lab Technician’s Main Duties:
- To assist in the development of new products for commercialisation and to improve existing products and/or procedures by:
o Becoming competent in and performing experiments as requested in a timely and efficient way.
o Carrying out tasks accurately and following strict methodologies.
o Keeping accurate and detailed records on experimental methodology, data collection, formulations and other pertinent information relating to projects according to R & D procedures and, as required, interpreting and presenting results.
o Making notes and questioning experimental methodology in order to gain an understanding of how and why experiments are performed and gain skills in troubleshooting.
- To ensure compliance to the Company Quality System and ensure where necessary that all documentation relating to the Quality System are completed to the required standard.
- To maintain a current awareness of all key technological and commercial developments which appertain to the company’s focus of activities and relevant markets.
- To maintain high standards of hygiene, cleanliness and general good housekeeping within the department and to ensure that work areas are kept tidy and orderly at all times.
- To ensure work area is sufficiently stocked with materials/equipment required for each day’s work.
- To carry out additional specific tasks as requested from time to time.
R&D Lab Technician’s Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- An A 'level in science is essential, maths desirable.
- Computer skills: MS Office essential, Statistical analysis desirable.
- Ability to work in an organised way and follow exact methods.
- Ability to learn specific, practical techniques and apply this knowledge to solve technical problems.
- Good hand-eye coordination and the ability to use technical equipment with accuracy.
- Excellent oral communication
- Experience in providing demonstrations and writing technical reports
- Attention to detail
- Training will be provided on:
o The use of technical apparatus within the lab.
o Conducting specific preparation tasks prior to experimentation.
o The generation of data packs.
o Health and Safety.
- Opportunities for further training and courses.