LinkPoint & Scintillant specialises in the recruitment of high quality candidates in the Education sector. We have an excellent opportunity for a skilled and enthusiastic science laboratory technician
Science Laboratory Technician’s Core Duties
- Preparation, and clearing away, of experiments and practical demonstrations
- Supporting Physics teaching staff in curriculum delivery
- Routine maintenance of scientific equipment and instrumentation
- Local purchases, ordering, checking deliveries and invoices, etc.
- Constructing and modifying apparatus
- Photocopying, laminating, etc.
- Assisting with support work in other parts of the Science Department
Approximately 85% of students come from overseas countries including China, Kazakhstan, Latvia, Malaysia, Myanmar, Nigeria, Russia, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam. The college has built up a strong reputation for excellence in teaching in all subjects with particular emphasis on science, mathematics and economics. In 2016 they achieved an A level pass rate of 99% (44% A*/A).
Students take the AQA examination for A Level Physics, Edexcel for Chemistry and OCR for Biology. They follow the Cambridge International Examination board for IGCSE and there is an internal foundation GCSE course.
Science Laboratory Technician’s Requirements
- Minimum of GCSE / O level in Physics
- Familiar with the preparation of A level and GCSE practical activities and assessments.
- Good organisational skills
- Familiar with the COSHH (Control of Substances Hazardous to Health) and Health and Safety regulations.
- Experience within a laboratory and carrying out technical work
- Computer literate.
- Hours of work: negotiable; 40-week year (term-time plus 4 weeks)
- Salary: negotiable, dependant on experience and qualifications.
- The College has a pension scheme.
Are you enthusiastic about this job? Send us your CV in word format today