Scintillant and LinkPoint Resources specialises in the recruitment of high quality candidates in the life sciences sector. We have an excellent opportunity for a Statistician to join a highly professional organisation on a contract role with a view for to a possible permanent role in the future.
- To carry out statistical analysis in collaboration with researchers and students, working across all areas of science, but primarily in human and animal studies.
- To carry out experimental design and power calculations at the experiment planning stage, in conjunction with research leaders and staff.
- To provide help and training in basic statistics and the use of various standard statistical packages to staff and students.
- To deputise for the Institute Statistician as required and carry out various sign-off duties (e.g. experimental designs; statistical approval during the governance process relating to human/animal studies).
- As agreed with the line manager, any other duties commensurate with the nature of the post.
Experience & Skills
- Significant experience of biostatistical analysis
- Experience of working on projects involving animal, human and clinical trials
- Knowledge and experience of statistical software tools and methods
- Proven track record of reporting on statistical analysis e.g. for inclusion in scientific papers
- Excellent interpersonal skills - approachability
- Ability to conduct dialogue on statistical matters with non-specialists
- Ability to engage with researchers about their science, and ask relevant questions - to understand the language of biologists
- Interest and ability to engage with students and provide training
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, using initiative and problem solving skills
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, including the ability to present complex information with clarity
- Ability to follow instructions/Standard Operating Procedures
- Promotes and strives for continuous improvement
- Willingness to work outside standard working hours when required
- Experience of experimental design
- Planning of animal, human and clinical trials
Education & Qualifications
- First degree in statistics, maths or a mathematical science
- Recognised professional qualification in statistics
- PhD involving biostatistical analysis